Here at Creditplus we provide car finance deals for thousands of customers, helping them to get a great deal on their new car. Now that we are all getting settled into 2014, we think it’s time to take a look at our top 10 cars of 2013.
• Coming in at number 10 is the Range Rover Sport, described by Autocar as “the car for all seasons” the Range Rover Sport has proved to be popular with our customers too.It has some beastly engine options (ranging from 255bph to 503bhp) and more than enough off-road capability, and is widely being heralded as one of the best SUV’s on the market at the moment. Prices range from around £35,000 to £41,000 for a 3 year old model, dependent on the model type and mileage. Car finance policies will range between £561 per month and £633 per month dependant on personal circumstance and the type of policy offered.
• At number nine is the Audi A4, a car that is becoming steadily more popular within the compact premium saloon class, and was awarded a 5 star rating by Autocar. Our customers have shown an affinity for this impressive car too, appreciating the increased range of optional and luxury features. Even better, Audi A4’s tend to have strong residual values, making it a great option for customers considering PCP contracts. Prices are from £14,000 to £19,000 for a 3 year old model, dependent on the model, specifications and mileage. Car finance policies can be obtained from around £250 per month to £300 per month dependant on the policy offered and personal circumstance.
• The Ford Fiesta is eighth on our list, despite ranking as the number one most popular car of 2013. This is due to the fact that many of our customers are able to upgrade their vehicles thanks to the range of affordable car finance policies that we offer. Nevertheless, the Fiesta remains popular, and rightly so. It’s comfortable, stylish, and handles well, the perfect small car for modern times. Prices range from £6,500 to £9,750 dependant on the model and condition for a three year old Fiesta. Car finance policies can be obtained at a very reasonable prices on Ford Fiesta’s, ranging from just £87.24 per month to £158.86 per month, subject to personal circumstances and the type of policy.
• A firm favourite, the Volkswagen Golf is a brilliant and much loved small family car, coming in at number seven on our top 10 list. With plenty of car magazines praising the Mk 7 as the best yet, Golf fans will be pleased to know that they could upgrade to a newer version thanks to our car finance policies. Prices start from £10,000 to £14,000 for a three year old Golf dependant on condition and model.
Car finance products for the Volkswagen Golf start at just £167.90 per month to £232.62 per month, subject to personal circumstances and the type of policy offered.
• Constantly compared to the VW Golf, the BMW 1-Series has actually trumped it in our rankings, proving that the small family car category is fair game. The drive quality is the BMW 1 Series biggest attraction, with the 116d EfficientDynamics diesel engine receiving plenty of praise. Priced from around £9,000 to £16,000 for a three year old model, dependant on condition and specification, and with car finance policies from £105.22 per month to £266.11 per month, the BMW 1 Series is priced around the same values as the VW Golf, but has indeed proved more popular with our customers.
• The Vauxhall Corsa comes in at number five in our rankings, surprising to some perhaps given the success of the Ford Fiesta in national rankings. Despite this the Vauxhall Corsa has indeed proved to be more popular with our customers, and this is probably in part due to the fact that it can be purchased relatively cheaply in comparison to its competitors, whilst still boasting a good drive and quality. Prices start from around £5,750 to £10,000, dependant on the specifications and condition of the car. Car finance is a bargain, starting at around £95.69 per month to £167.90 per month at the top end, subject to the customer’s status and type of policy.
• Consistently receiving great reviews from the press and customers, the Audi A3 occupies a well deserved 4th place on our list. What Car describe it as “one of the best premium hatchbacks you can buy” and awarded it a 5 star overall rating. In true Audi form, the A3 drives spectacularly well and has high resale values, making it a great candidate for the likes of PCP contracts. List prices start at around £11,500 and top out at about £15,000 for a three year old car, subject to mileage and model. Car finance options will cost from £179.47 per month to £242.59 per month, according to personal circumstance and the type of policy taken out.
• In third place is the Vauxhall Astra, a car which, as with the Corsa, is something of a surprise entry. Though the Astra is indeed a great car in its own right, in national top seller lists, it always tends to fall behind its rivals – whether that is the Ford Focus, the VW Golf or the Audi A3. However, Vauxhall have wisely priced the car very reasonably, and as a result, it has reached the coveted third place in our top car lists, ahead of the Golf and the A3. Prices start from around £7,000 to £12,000 depending on mileage, condition and specification (based on a three year old car) and car finance policies range from £117.54 per month to £184.61 per month, according to the policy required and the personal circumstances of the buyer.
• In at number 2 in our top 10 cars for 2013 is the Ford Focus. Always a safe bet as a leader in the small family car category, the Ford Focus also drives and handles well, as well as being safe and secure with low emissions – everything you would value in a family car. Prices are competitive, starting from £7,000 to £11,500 at the top end for a three year old model, and car finance can be arranged for £128.44 per month up to £192.19 according to the condition and specification of the model and the personal circumstances of the customer and the type of finance policy offered.
• Drum roll please; Creditplus’ most popular car of 2013 was the BMW 3 Series! With 5 star reviews from all the major car buyers guides, the BMW 3 Series performs well, is economic, handles like a pro and has a luxury feel to it that is lacking in some of its rivals. This car is a serious piece of machinery, and really is a car for the modern age. Prices start from £10,000 and go up to £33,000 dependant on the model and condition of the car. Car finance policies start at £167.73 and go up to £550.39 at the upper end. There is a huge diversity in price here, so be sure to consider closely what features you want and need before purchasing.
So there we have it – our customers most popular cars from 2013. Only time will tell if 2014 continues these trends or whether they will get shaken up. To apply for finance on any of these cars, simply head over to our apply now page and submit your application – our advisors will be in contact with you, and you could have your new car within days!